Vocational Education and Training (VET) is about skilling people for the workplace and industry. The outcome of the education and training is being work ready, this means that training and assessment should accurately reflect workplace requirements.
Industry consultation is the process where a Registered Training Organisation ( RTO) reaches out to industry to learn of current industry practices and processes. This approach supports the current industry skills of VET trainers and assessors (Clauses 1.6b and 1.13b), and will contribute to the industry relevance of the training, assessment tools and practices (Clause 1.6a).
Engagement with industry representatives should be used to confirm the RTOs delivery and assessment strategies and tools are relevant to the industry, reflect industry practices, are current and in line with legislation etc..
There are many ways of engaging with industry:
- Accurate application of the training package requirements
- Observation of workplace practices
- Industry journals
- Industry forums and conferences
- Product training
- Discussions with other RTOs
- Contributing to industry standards
Why you need us for your research and development
The effectiveness of industry consultation will be revealed through the quality of an RTO’s training and assessment products. For audit purposes an account of your engagement with industry and how this has been incorporated into your training and assessment practices will contribute to compliance with Clauses 1.5 and 1.6 of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
Our expert consultants have experience in setting up industry consultation groups, applying the RTO’s requirements for industry consultation, Identifying different ways to consult with industry, identifying barriers to industry consultation within your RTO, and Planning a systematic approach to industry consultation across RTO’s operations.
What we will provide/do for you
We can help you:
- Manage the industry consultation process ensuring compliance with Clause 16 of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
- Perform due diligence
- Gather the required information
- Identify the industries you should be engaging
- Analyse your RTO to identify opportunities or inefficiencies
- Develop your industry engagement plan
- Write the terms of reference for the industry engagement group
- Recruit consultation participants and establish an industry contact list
- Develop the discussion document for the consultation group
- Develop the learning resources to ensuring compliance with Clause 16 of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015