The Standards for VET Accredited Courses 2012and the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) apply to courses accredited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). The Standards are a legislative instrument under subsection 188(1) of the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011.
Accreditation is formal confirmation that the course:
Each VET accredited course is allocated a national code and is listed on the national register, training.gov.au.
The copyright of a VET accredited course is owned by an individual or organisation, whose contact details are listed on the national register. The content of the course is not publicly available.
Accreditation means a course may be eligible:
A VET accredited course must fulfill a training need not addressed by a training package, or address training in a new or emerging area.
A VET accredited course can be accredited for all qualification types recognised under the AQF that are eligible for delivery within the VET sector, including Certificate I, II, III, IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma.
You can also apply to accredit a course that results in a Statement of Attainment outcome.
Anybody can develop a course for accreditation but accredited courses can only be delivered by registered training organisations (RTOs) that:
Why you need us for your accredited course development
Preparing the accreditation application for your course can mean a significant investment of time and precious resources. We offer a range of consulting services for training resource owners who wish to have their course accredited, whether you wish to accredit a new course or renew one, we can help.
The accreditation process includes a number of steps:
Any accredited course application must comply with:
What we will provide/do for you
Preparing the accreditation Our website course accreditation consultants have extensive experience in the development of accredited courses, industry consultation, preparation of accredited course submission and dealing with accrediting bodies
Our consultants can cater for all your course accreditation needs. We Can:
- Help you develop the course
- Help you manage the industry consultation process
- Help to prepare the accreditation application faster by:
- Helping you understand the accreditation process
- The standards for accredited courses and
- The requirements of the course accrediting body
- Can evaluate your course ensuring compliance with the applicable Standardss
- Can make the accreditation submission and liaise with the course accrediting body on your behalf
- Can help you to respond to the accrediting body if further information is required
- Can assist you with one or every stage of the accreditation process. You choose the level of support.
for more information.